I’ve been nominated by the pure sunshine that is Fadwa, and if you’re not following her on Twitter or her blog, then you’re seriously missing out on something!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I. WHAT’S THE HIGHLIGHT OF YOUR 2017 THIS FAR?
This year I was asked to join The Book Bound Society, and saying yes is honestly one of the best decision I’ve made in my life. Without the support of this book club, I would never have been able to say to my parents that I wanted to study English Lit to then work in the publishing world. It would have been simply impossible because I had no back up, nothing to support me, but with this book club my parents realised I was serious about ‘this book thing’ and I wasn’t joking anymore when I said I could do it.
II. WHAT’S ONE BOOK THAT’S SPECIAL TO YOU ON A PERSONAL LEVEL?
I know it’s super cliché, but Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
This book is the first that I ever read. It’s also a book my grandpa gifted to me, and it means the world to me to know I’ll always have this little link with him.
III. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 5 SECOND HALF OF 2017 / 2018 MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASES?
In publication date order :
- Wild Beauty, by Anna-Marie McLemore – October 3rd 2017
- 27 Hours, by Tristina Wright – October 3rd 2017
- The Becoming of Noah Shaw, by Michelle Hodkin – November 7th 2017
- Whichwood, by Tahereh Mafi – November 14th 2017
- Beneath the Sugar Sky, by Seanan McGuire – January 9th 2018
IV. WHAT IS ONE TROPE YOU THINK NEEDS TO BE RETIRED?
Ahahah hands down the stupid love triangle. If it doesn’t lead to a healthy polyamorous relationship, then I don’t want to hear about it. That simple.
V. WHAT IS ONE TROPE YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OF?
I’m a sucker for a good fake dating trope. What can I say? It’s possibly my favourite trope, I’ll never get tired of reading it. It gives me all the feels.
VI. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE GENRE? AND YOUR TOP 3 FAVOURITE BOOKS FROM THAT GENRE?
Huhhhhhhh it’s always hard for me to choose between Fantasy and Contemporary, because both mean something special to me.
Both? Both? Both.
- Eliza and Her Monsters, by Francesca Zappia
- The King’s Men, by Nora Sakavic
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
VII. WHAT’S A BOOK YOU’D LIKE TO SEE A – GOOD – TV ADAPTION OF?
Hands down I’ll Give You the Sun, by Jandy Nelson. Only if it’s a good adaption, because this book means SO much to me, I wouldn’t want to see it be ruined. Please no. Not this book.
VIII. WHAT ARE 3 CHARACTERS YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF IN?
- Grace, from How to Make a Wish, by Ashley Herring Blake
- Eliza, from Eliza and Her Monsters, by Francesca Zappia
- Cath, from Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell
IX. WHAT ARE SOME REAL WORLD SETTINGS BOOKS HAVE MADE YOU WANT TO VISIT?
Recently I’ve read a lot of books taking place in Central Asia and huh there is just something that makes me want to see the beauty for myself!
Also, a good chunk of my books take place in New York City and I have to admit I’m super intrigued!
X. WHAT BOOK REMINDS YUO OF YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR?
Hands down When Dimple Met Rishi. My favourite colour is sunset orange and this book is like ‘BAM! ORANGE IN YOUR FACE!’
XI. WHAT’S A BOOK YOU BOUGHT FOR THE COVER AND ENDED UP LOVING?
Okay I know it’s weird, but it took me AGES to buy Everything Leads to You, by Nina LaCour, and I didn’t even buy it because I was interested in the story – yeah I didn’t get the book had a f/f relationship, how did I even miss that? – and what made me say to myself ‘Okay I need this book’ is the gorgeous cover. I love it! But now that I’ve read the book, I realise why so many people love it! It became one of my favourites!
- Book recommendation : ‘If you liked this book, then you’ll like this one.’
- Care to share an unpopular opinion?
- Put your phone on shuffle and find a book that matches the song you got.
- If you had to use one book as a shield to protect yourself – because why not, you totally dislike the thing – which one would it be?
- If you could share a cup of tea – or a good mug of coffee – with a fictional character, who would it be?
- Unhaul : list 3 books you don’t want to see anymore on your shelves.
- Share the love : list your 3 favourite booktubers and 3 favourite bookstagrammers.
- Let’s say you have to get a book cover tattooed on your body, which one do you end up with forever?
- Worst and best book-to-movie adaption?
- If you could get rid of ONE character because they’re a total pain in the ass, who would you choose?
- Choose one book for each season.
Karla @ sincerelykarla
Destiny @ howlinglibraries
Emma @ chocolateandsarcasmblog
Solo @ thebookishking
Taryn @ novelparadiseblog
Amanda @ abookishinvasion
Chelsea @ romweasley
Cassie @ todayiveread
Tasha @ faeriedrugs
Kitty @ vicariousbookworm
That’s it for today, I’ll see you soon, have a nice day guys 🌻